We continue to closely follow the daily developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. From the day this company started, taking care of our clients and associates has been our top priority. As the situation continues to evolve, we are following the recommendations of public health officials and government agencies to ensure we are doing all that is possible for our associates and our community to remain protected, while continuing to serve our clients’ financial needs. Two of our core values state that we embrace change and demonstrate accountability, so we feel the move to do banking in different fashion for now is imperative in order to do our part to slow the spread of this virus. We will practice responsible social distancing and announce the following:
As of Thursday, March 19, we will provide drive-thru service only at all of our locations, as recommended by the CDC social distancing guidance.
We have a couple of offices that do not have a drive thru, but offer a drop box & ATM. We will take deposits through the drop box and ATM’s at those locations. Other locations nearby will be able to help if you have other needs. Additionally, we are closing our downtown Chattanooga branch located at 835 Georgia Avenue, (Chattanooga, TN) and clients are being re-directed to use one of the 4 nearby locations in Gunbarrel, Hixson, East Ridge or Ooltewah. We are also closing our East Lamar Alexander Parkway branch in Maryville and re-directing clients to our 214 Keller Lane (Maryville, TN) branch.
Limiting our branch lobbies is a rare step, but we are in an extraordinary situation. We believe this is the best way for us to continue giving you essential services while taking maximum precautions against the spread of the disease. For the latest updates on our response and how it affects our offices, visit https://www.smartbank.com/news/.
Our response team is equipped, and we are taking the actions needed to offer full support. Our plans allow us to continue to deliver the service our clients expect and deserve.
Before visiting an office for drive thru service or a lobby appointment, please follow this guidance to ensure we can serve you best.
While the drive thru is capable of handling nearly all of your everyday banking needs, you may have needs that are best served by other methods. Here are some of the ways we can serve you during this time:
ONLINE & MOBILE BANKING –
Whether online or on a mobile device, much of your banking business can be done remotely, which is particularly important during this time of social distancing. You can pay your bills, make transfers and deposit checks remotely.
CONTACT US –
We are here for you and our offices are staffed, so feel free to reach out to us! You are welcome to call your local branch. To find your local branch number, visit https://www.smartbank.com/contact-us/, and a full list of branch locations and local phone numbers are posted.
A few other ways you can reach us:
- Call our Client Services Team at 865.453.2650 or 866.290.2554
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LiveChat with an associate at smartbank.com
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT –
We realize that you may have the need to meet with an associate face to face, or in some circumstances, conduct a transaction that can’t be done at the drive-thru. To schedule an essential meeting like a loan closing, account opening, access to your safe deposit box or other service, simply call your SmartBank associate or contact your local branch.
We are most concerned for the health and well-being of our associates and clients and are working hard to keep our offices safe. Here are a few ways we’re protecting you:
PROACTIVE PLANS –
- We have implemented an emergency paid-time off policy in addition to our existing generous paid-time off plan and have provided guidance to associates to ensure that they stay home if they are sick, at risk due to travel or have been exposed to illness.
- We are restricting non-essential associate business travel to help prevent exposure.
- We are prepared for many associates to work from home as needed so we can continue supporting critical services like wires, ACH and more even if they can’t come into an office.
- Our offices are prepared with supplies they need, including hand sanitizer, disinfectant and gloves.
- Our janitorial partners will continue cleaning services and will augment them with additional disinfectant for high-touch surfaces.
- Our associates understand effective ways to stop the spread of germs and we continue to share updates with them often.
- We are reliant on the information and resources shared by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization and we are sharing this information with our associates.
STAY SAFE –
Like everyone else, we encourage you to take careful steps to protect yourself and those around you from the coronavirus.
- Stay home and avoid close contact with people as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer, especially if you must go to work or get out to run essential errands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, and keep your distance from people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you are sick, avoid going out but seek medical care.
THE LATEST INFO AND UPDATES –
We will post the latest updates and any modifications to our branch operations. There are several ways to find out what’s going on at SmartBank.
- Visit our website at smartbank.com and click on the news page for the latest COVID-19 update
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
We will post signage on all branch lobby doors and drive-thru windows to re-direct our clients to drive-thrus, drop box or ATM’s. Information will also be posted on these signs on how to contact us to schedule a lobby appointment.
This is a very challenging time for us all, but our SmartBank Family is strong and our commitment to provide our clients with a WOW experience is still our goal. While it might look a lot different than the norm, trust that we will do our best to take care of your needs.
Thank you for being a good banking partner, and supporting and joining us in this temporary new way of doing business to help control this pandemic and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Together we are better, and our thoughts and prayers go out to all to stay safe and healthy.