Steps for using Mobile Check Deposit
Tips for using Mobile Check Deposit
- Make sure you are taking a picture of check in a well-lit area. Use a dark background to get the best image of the check.
- Sign the check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only- SmartBank”
- Verify that the check amount and written amount match.
- Make sure the entire check image is captured and in focus.
- Available for Apple and Android products.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQ:
When are funds deposited to my account?
For items submitted by 5:00 PM EST Monday – Friday, funds will be deposited on the day of deposit. Funds deposited into a checking account will be included in your available balance at the time of deposit approval. Funds deposited into a savings account will be included in your available balance after nightly processing on the day the deposit is approved.
Is there a limit on how much I can deposit with Mobile Check Deposit?
Items greater than $2,500 will generally not be accepted through Mobile Check Deposit. No more than $4,000 can be deposited daily, and no more than $10,000 can be deposited in a 3 day period using Mobile Check Deposit.
How long should I keep my check after making a deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
Is there a fee for using Mobile Check Deposit?
Accounts that have 6 or more NSF items (AOD items do not count) in a 12 month period will not be eligible for MCD.
Items greater than $2,500 will generally not be accepted through MCD.
We reserve the right to hold funds deposited via MCD up to 5 business days. Affected clients would be notified via phone call at the time the deposit is approved, and by a hold notice sent to the mailing address on file.