SmartBank values our clients and associates, and want you to know that we are closely monitoring the developments regarding the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), especially in the markets we serve. Our team is taking proactive measures in all of our branches for the health and safety of our stakeholders. We are operating on a normal schedule, but encourage you to utilize the drive-thru where available or Online Banking, where you can check your balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and even make deposits right from home.
We know how much you rely on us and want you to know we have a detailed contingency plan in the event the situation escalates. We will keep you informed of any modifications to our services or branch operations.
Our branches are open and our teams are ready to serve you. We’ve implemented additional cleaning and sanitizing practices in the high-touch areas within the branches. We are communicating often with our associates to ensure a safe and healthy work environment, and we are educating and encouraging best practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In the meantime, we are sharing more from the CDC on ways we can all assist in keeping our branches (and all commercial establishments) safe for clients and our staff:
Practice good hygiene
- Stop handshaking – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Clean hands often, and at every door, and schedule regular hand washing reminders by setting an alarm or email
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Promote tap and pay (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay) to limit handling of cash and cards
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, desks, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Consider limiting attendance at larger gatherings
- Use online transactions where possible
We will continue to closely monitor this situation and evaluate additional measures to support our clients, associates and our communities as needs arise. As always, you can reach us by phone at 866.290.2554, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using LiveChat at www.smartbank.com.